Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last saturday MMU Olympic - Badminton

Hi there once again, since I am playing in the badminton section. Let me share with all of you..

First of all, as my usual badminton partner have already change event to go tennis. As for me, i can only play in double game so I have to find a partner. As I also ask around my friend and I found my new badminton partner (Ai zek). Please forgive if I spell your name wrong. Before the event, we try to arrange some time to train together so that we have our so call team spirit. Due to the reason of curfeu because staying with parent and dint get to play with my partner. We manage to play once two days before the event, and the team work is totally none. That night we really struggle very hard to pair with it. But the time is too short and i have to call it a day. We were very worried that on the coming event will we be able to play, and we dint hope for much.

On the event day, saturday morning when I wake up. I feel the tension and the excitement in the coming challenge as I know there will be MMU team player is joining the event and we also dint have a good team work. But we encourage each other that we will play our best. Our venue were at Kidspot Badminton Hall near our MMU Malacca campus. I believe some of you been there to play before. The event start at 9 am and the hall is full with badminton player as they warm up their body and use their skill to win the game. As for my match was on 12.20pm but i went to the place early and look at their match. On that day, the weather were terribly hot and the feeling inside the hall was like a big oven. All of the player that sit inside the hall were all sweating. As the hall have only 3 old ventilation fan ontop the roof. It is lucky that no people faint in the event. As the first match comes, we tried our very best to play and we won the game. As we waited for the second match.

At the afternoon, one of the badminton net broke and cause the court cant be use for competition. I am not sure why it broke. Soon later they Mr. Ong Dun Siang arrive and found out this incident. He quickly went out and get a badminton net to replace it and the game manage to go on without much delay. Thanks to ah Dun for the rescue… Later that, the owner arrive. The owner were very angry as she claim that the net were all new and impossible it can break. And she eventually went into the court and demonstrate that if the player do such action to the net and cause to break while the game is still on. Wow, that owner really dint give a damm to the game, as the have to replay it. As the day goes by to the evening, dark cloud started to form and as the wind blow toward the hall. Soon after that, the rain started to fall. Seconds after the rain, water start to leak into the badminton court from the roof. And we found out that there were several place have leakage. This leads to suspend the game from going on. Beside that, the electricity were also been cut due to some place have been short circuit and we have to find it out to turn it back on. The game were not that smooth when it come to evening. Good thing that the rain does not last long. After the rain, we quickly clean the badminton court and start our game back. As it comes to the third match of the day, we face MMU team 2nd seed player. It was a tough match and we couldn’t won the game and we were knockout from that stage. We feel very happy that we manage to go that far. We really hope that someday we get to play again.

As my previous badminton partner had a post in here say about winning isn’t everything. This statement is true and the match we took it as a entertainment. We dint feel any hard feeling after losing the game. In the game, I have notice a girl(young lady), she look very upsad when she did a mistake and her emotion affect along the match. In badminton or any other sport, we really need to learn from mistake and don’t let the mistake control your emotion and leads to sad ending. I use to be like that and i try to change after my new partner corrected me. We all should learn this important lesson. We must learn from mistake as it also apply to our daily life.

No comments: